Utility Plugins in WordPress
Once domain, hosting and SSL is set up for your wordpress, the next step is building the site.
We have talked about the best free multi-purpose wordpress themes here, ones that will set you off nicely at little to no cost.
We have also talked about the best page builders for wordpress, that would make your site sleeker than ever.
For an optimal wordpress site, you need to install plugins. Built in PHP, these preset templates help your website perform actions above and beyond standard wordpress. Most of these plugins are utility plugins.
Utility plugins can perform a wide range of functions, and hence, it is common to overdo the number of plugins installed, which can slow down a lot and is not at all a good trade off.
Choosing Utility Plugins
Keeping SEO optimisation and site speed in mind, we have put forward a list of 3 plugins – that perform very important functions, and are sort of a must for any good website.
- WP Forms – for creating easily enterable forms anywhere on the site
- Mailchimp – for e-mail collection and of course e-mail marketing
- Litespeed Cache – for reducing HTTP requests on the site and speeding up page loading
WP Forms is the best form builder for wordpress, and it has been around for many years now.
– Separate settings panel available in WP Admin
– Easy to install and create a new form
– Free version has enough features to build a fully functioning form – contact, sales lead, project brief, etc.
– Premium version is slightly pricey but it has features that can really elevate your data capturing UX
Overall, WP Forms is our pick for data cultivation on our sites – its great to start off Free, the Pro version has awesome features too if upgrade if you need it.
Mailchimp is the first brand that comes to our mind when it comes to e-mail marketing and CRM, and for good reason. It has a plugin for wordpress and is one of the most trusted brands when it comes to customer relationship management
– Easy to set up and customise your way into the plugin
– Newsletter widget insertion is easy, with message customisation available
– Comes with separate settings in your WP dashboard
– Upgrade is cost effective, starting at only 9.99$ monthly, comes with great features like A/B testing and custom branding
– Support ecosystem is well known for positive reasons
Mailchimp’s free version is enough to get your e-mail marketing needs satiated, but for something as important as CRM, it might be a good choice to go for the PRO version as well.
LITESPEED (LS) CACHE
There are many lazyloading and caching plugin options out there, but our pick is this comparatively lesser known plugin called Litespeed Cache.
– Easy to install and separate settings console available
– Free version is good and has enough features
– Minification of CSS, JS, HTML available
– Faster than other NGINX and Apache based popular caching plugins like W3 Total Cache
– Premium tuning for better Pagespeed Score Rankings available from 39$
Do let us know if we can help, or if you have any questions. We are happy to help!
If you are looking for custom services, do check out our Services tab for solutions. We have tailor made long-term offerings for start-ups, personal projects, SMEs and brands; as well as standalone deployments.